Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Prep time: 30 minutes at most
Feeds: 2 silly!
½ pint strawberries
100 gr. dark chocolate, I recommend Callebault or Valrhona
2 slices New York style cheesecake
The cheesecake is the kicker. You can make this yourself, but if the idea of baking a cheesecake is completely out of the question then don’t sweat it. Your neighborhood grocery store likely has a good quality cheesecake ready to go for you. They probably have a small, or personalized sized cheesecake so that you don’t even have to buy a full one.
- Remove the two slices cheesecake from the fridge and slice away the crust, preserving only the cream cheese portion
- Place in a bowl and allow to soften at room temperature
- Using a fork, work to spread the cheesecake in the bowl to make it spreadable, if you find it a touch dry you can easily add a teaspoon of cream, or even milk to help smooth it out
- Now, using a paring knife slit the strawberry from the bottom to the top, stopping short of cutting it through, the intention is to create a clamshell effect
- Now, gently open the strawberry, being careful not to break it apart
- If you have one, place the cheesecake puree in a piping bag and gently pipe a tablespoon into the opening of the strawberry
- Not confortable using a piping bag, don’t sweat it, use a spoon to gently smear the cheesecake filling inside the strawberry using a spoon
- Set on a plate and place in the fridge
- Place a small pot which about an inch of water on the stove and bring to a boil
- Coarsely chop or grate the chocolate and place into a metal bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap and place over the top of the pot of boiling water
- Allow the chocolate to melt, 4-5 minutes
- Remove the plastic, being careful not to let any water into the chocolate
- Place the chocolate in a small round cup, something deep enough to allow you to dip the strawberries, and not so large that the chocolate doesn’t fill the cup up high enough
- Remove the strawberries from the fridge and dip into the chocolate one at a time and then place on a platter
- Set aside to cool and get ready to enjoy some yummy goodness
If this tasty finish to the evening doesn’t go about earning you some much needed brownie points, then there is nothing more I can do for you! Happy Valentines everyone!