Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
½ cup white vinegar
2 tbsp. minced shallots
2 pc. egg yolks
½ cup maple syrup (you can track this down at Mick’s Maple Syrup at the Old Strathcona Farmer’s Market)
1 cup canola oil
- In a mixing bowl or Kitchenaid, combine the white vinegar, minced shallots, egg yolks, and maple syrup
- Whisk together until combined
- Now, you need to create an emulsion, so there are two options here:
- Option #1, using the Kitchen aid with the whisk on high, very slowly add the oil in a very thin stream
- Option #2, with the help of a friend or family member, whisk the ingredients vigorously, while your assistant slowly incorporates the oil in a thin stream
- If you have done this successfully, you will have created a creamy rich dressing, if not, you have created an oily mess, but I have faith in you, you can do it!
To make one of the tastiest spinach salads ever, combine two cups of baby spinach, a handful of croutons, some dried cranberries, and a handful of granola. Drizzle some of the tasty vinaigrette and enjoy!